Prince Albert House, 20 King Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1EF
Tel: 01628 632848 EMail:
Providing an experienced, bespoke, personal insurance service nationwide
Business Insurance

We recognise that every business, large or small has unique insurance needs. Our experienced team understand the risks involved within all aspects of commercial business and can tailor insurance products to suit your business. We always provide a first class personal service, regardless of the type and size of your business.

As part of our service we offer a full claims support service, provide access to health & safety advice and products including risk management and disaster recovery.

If you would like to discuss any types of insurance, including those below, please contact us.

Click on any of the items of insurance we provide for an expanded explanation.

Property Owners

The risks present in the ownership of a commercial or residential property include the potential for physical loss or damage to the buildings themselves, together with the financial loss in the form of loss of rental income and liability exposures for potential injury to third parties.

Property Damage

Material damage cover can be provided for buildings, contents, computers, tools, stock, money, tenant's improvements, machinery and plant etc. Cover can be provided on an "All Risks" basis or on a "Specified Perils" basis with more limited cover.

Standard Material Damage cover excludes Terrorism damage and the government does not provide any form of compensation in the event of a terrorist incident, however cover can be extended.

Business Interruption

Where insured material damage occurs to the property, the associated financial interruption to the business can be insured during a defined indemnity period following the incident. Cover is available for Loss of Gross Profit and/or Increased Costs of Working.


Employers Liability - This is a statutory insurance requirement in most cases for any business that has employees or is trading as a limited company. The policy provides protection for legal liability to pay damages and claimants costs for bodily injury or disease arising from and in connection with their employment. Cover is also available for legal costs in defending an allegation made. The minimum legal requirement is £5,000,000, however most insurers offer £10,000,000 as standard.

Public and Products Liability - This cover protects your legal liability to pay compensation to third parties for accidental loss or damage to their property or bodily injury to any person following the course of your usual business activities or from the products you manufacture or supply.

High Risk Liability – We are able to arrange cover for many trades including roofers, scaffolders & asbestos removal.

Business Motor/Fleet

All motor vehicles used on the road or areas where the public have a right of access must be insured by law for the minimum third party insurance. Vehicles owned or operated by a business have a wide choice of Motor insurance products, depending on the vehicles operated and the environment within which these vehicles work.

Policy cover options include Third Party Liability Risks only, Third Party, Fire & Theft or Fully Comprehensive covers, along with claimants' legal costs and your costs in defending the action.

We are able to advise and arrange cover for Business car, Fleets and all types of commercial vehicles including Vans, Lorries, HGVs, Mini Buses, Tractors, Agricultural Vehicles, Goods Carrying Vehicles and Skip Lorries.

Motor Trade

Motor Trade business cover requires a blend of traditional commercial insurance products and motor insurance to cover the road risks associated with operating a Motor Trade vehicle sales, service, repair and bodyshops.

Tailored Cover can include:

  • Material Damage – Buildings, Contents, Vehicles, Stock etc.
  • Business Interruption
  • Employers Liability
  • Public & Products Liability including defective workmanship
  • Road risks cover for your own vehicles and those belonging to customers
  • Engineering inspections and breakdown
  • Loss of MOT licence

Self Employed Professional & Tradesman

Cover for sole traders and limited number employee companies where cover is placed on a “per capita” basis.

Package Policies

Comprehensive cover for Shops, Offices, Hotels, Restaurants, Public Houses, Salon, Surgeries including treatment risks, business interruption and legal expenses covers.

Marine Cargo and Liability/Goods in Transit

Marine cargo and liability cover can be arranged for your stock, materials or products being imported/exported or UK inland transit only on an “all risks” or haulage condition basis.

Your business may require cover for yours or your customer's goods in transit either in your own vehicles or whilst being carried by a third party.


Material damage covers for plant, machinery and contents, including compressors, printing machines, refrigeration units and cold stores.

This can provide cover for lost stock following a breakdown and include periodic statutory inspection and certification and cover for sudden unforeseen damage.

Contract Works

Cover is available on an all risks basis to the contract works, materials for incorporation in the contract works, temporary works, construction plant, scaffolding, tools and other equipment for use in the contract works, property hired in by the owner or contractor for which they are responsible.

The cover is provided either up until completion or in the case of a property developer a further period of cover is provided whilst the property is on the market up to the policy limits.

Professional Indemnity

Sometimes referred to as “Errors and Omissions” cover. If your business or an individual gives advice in return for a fee or provide a service that could lead to a financial loss to your customers, then this cover provides an indemnity to pay those awards and costs incurred in either defending or settling an action.

Cover is usually provided on a “Claims Made” basis which means that you must maintain cover whilst the business is operating and for several years afterwards; the Insurer who holds your current policy cover will deal with allegations irrespective of when the work was undertaken.

Directors and Officers Liability

Under current legislation a Director or Officer of a company can be held personally liable for their own actions, or actions of an employee (An example could be corporate manslaughter).

Even if your company has limited liability, an individual has unlimited personal liability, and personal assets and belongings are potentially at risk from what may appear to be a small error of judgement.

Directors & Officers Liability Insurance provides legal defence costs and in some cases damages awarded for actions brought against Directors, Officers, Supervisors, Managers and others who hold positions of responsibility in the running of the business in respect of their personal liability for carrying out their duties on behalf of the company.

The cover provides valuable protection for the individuals and companies by removing the potential for the high costs involved in litigation. Cover can be extended to include Entity Defence (actions against the company) and Employment Practice Liability.

Legal Expenses

Commercial legal protection providing assistance with legal disputes, with a range of covers which include customer contract disputes, employment disputes and tenant default to H M Customs & Excise enquiries and disputes.

Group Personal Accident & Business Travel

Protection for individuals or employees who become incapacitated due to accident or illness and business travel for employees which can be extended to full family travel for employees and directors of a company.

Specialist Insurances

Credit Insurance, Latent Defects, Restricted Covenant, Freight Forwarders Liability, Performance Bond, Chancel Repair Liability, Product recall

Events Insurance

As an event's organiser or being involved in arranging a one off event presents a number of risks that need adequate insurance cover.

From third party liability cover for those attending the event, down to insuring against non appearance of a paid personality, insurance against adverse weather or physical loss or damage to exhibition stands or hired equipment, cover can be personalised to your requirements.

Events cover is available, but not restricted to:

  • Fetes
  • Firework Displays
  • Exhibitions
  • Conferences
  • Prize Indemnity
  • Charity Events
  • Any event such as birthday parties & coming of age parties